Sunday, May 15, 2016

This weeks $45 grocery budget for 2



So we had a super small grocery budget this week, but we will be able to get a few more essentials Tuesday, which will bring this weeks budget up to $45-$48ish.  I just noticed I am running out of butter and agave, so we can't have that!  Especially since I bought plain unsweetened yogurt again this week.  Hubby and I did the bulk of our shopping at Aldi and then grabbed a few veggies and meat at Fresh Thyme Market. I also forgot to get a case of water, so Tuesday I will be picking up that as well.

With a smaller budget my focus was to use up some on hand items. I did a quick inventory of things I needed to use or things I may want to include in my meal plan this week.  Here is what I still have left in my fridge and pantry:

1 c Brown Rice
4 eggs (need used)
Green Beans (need used)
1/4 gal Milk
1 cup dry Quinoa
Peanut Butter
1 can kidney beans
1 can refried beans
1 lb Chicken breast lunch meat
1/2 lb bag of potatoes (need used)
6 Bananas (need used up)
Six Star Protein Powder
About 10 tostada shells
2 packs left of graham crackers.
5 packs Aldis brand light butter popcorn
4 red apples (need used)
1/2 1b grapes (need used)
1 lemon (need used)
Small bag shredded Mexican blend cheese
2 Tbsp butter (need more!!)

We have some fruits and veggies that need used up, so I based some of my meal plan on including these items.  My hubby and I have been loving our protein smoothies in the mornings and I actually slimmed down about 4 lbs this week (which I regained 2 cause it's pms week!).  My hubby will do his usual late afternoon snacking on the apples and grapes as well as his before bed protein boost with the graham crackers and peanut butter.  I plan to continue to try and snack healthy with my yogurt and granola and probably pop up some of the light butter popcorn if I feel like I want to munch.  With all that in mind, here is what hubby and I ended up getting at the store:

Aldi 

Pack of six turkey sausages....................$3.69
Almond milk.............................................2.29
Dozen large eggs.......................................0.89
Fresh mozzarella (about 6-8 servings)......2.69
Small tub sour cream.................................1.19
Croissants..................................................2.49
Gluten free chocolate granola...................3.49
Plain non fat Greek yogurt........................3.49
Whole milk................................................1.79

Total including tax...................................22.40

Fresh Thyme farmers market

Licorice Cherry bar (I needed a snack!)....0.79
2 Bunches baby spinach............................3.00
16oz pkg Bow Tie pasta............................1.29
1 Jar garlic basil pasta sauce.....................1.99
2.49lb corned beef brisket.........................4.95
2 sm containers Blueberries......................2.50
1.17 lb Broccoli.........................................1.16
2 large cucumbers......................................1.38
2 hass avocados..........................................1.38

Total including tax....................................18.80

Grand total................................................41.20

 I can't wait for you to see my meals created from this weeks shopping.  I have a few things in mind so stay tuned on Instagram or Twitter @BrunetteBudgets.  Comment below, or on my Instagram, what would you make with these ingredients??








No comments:

Post a Comment